Monday, September 3, 2007

Good ideas

I am attaching a link for those who care to check it out regarding something that is near to my heart, infertility.

http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2006/09/history-of-infertilitys-common-thread.html.

Back in July while perusing a Newsweek magazine I read an article on stem cell donations by infertility patients. In the article I noticed that a former high school classmate was one of the couples interviewed for the article. She and her spouse had been trying for 3 years to conceive and finally had a baby. This classmate was Miss Popular, Miss Perfect and Miss All Around. She was also of the snobby clique. Yet reading the article I could relate to her for the first time in my life. I actually found myself feeling sorry for her becasue I understood her pain. I guess even the cool kids have bad luck sometimes.

Anyway I think this week I am going to go out and make a braclet for myself and a friend. Sometimes people see me out with my twins and think "Oh that lucky woman she has kids" and well I want those women to know that I understand what it's like to drive home from a baby shower having a sobfest, how for a time I thought the mailman had it in for me as new baby annoucements and shower invitations always seemed to arrive at the worst times (i.e. first day of period or cancelled cycle). Maybe these bracelets will serve as a symbol of our infertility sisterhood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.