Monday, August 20, 2007

Vacation All I Ever Wanted..

Yes I am a child of the 80's and in 4th grade the Go-Go's were one of my faves. Anyway on to the matter at hand....vacation. Yes we are back. Yes we survived. All in all it was just as I had expected. B had his share of tantrums and G went with the flow. I definately can see now why many people with young children travel with grandparents. Nantucket was beautiful and relaxing as always. We did a bike trip with the twins which was fun until a third of the way to the beach destination B bites G and then all hell broke lose. I'm sure the more we do these trips it will get easier, right?
Here are a couple of suggestions I have for anyone travelling with toddler twins:

1. Bring earplugs for dad (or yourself)
2. Be sure to specify an early check-in so when you arrive 3 hours before check-in and want to put your kids down for a nap your room will actually be ready.
3. Don't have a lot of expectations.
4. Have a good comeback ready so when B bites you on the ferry in the middle of a tantrum and some on looker laughs you can tell them off ever so polietly
5. Travel with grandparents. I can't believe I'm saying this but yeah bringing the grandparents would have made the trip more enjoyable for us. As is I now feel like I need a vacation from my vacation.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

The early check-in thing is a good idea. We didn't think to do that when we went to Maine and ended up having to kill an hour with two kids who had been in the car all day.