Yes I am a child of the 80's and in 4th grade the Go-Go's were one of my faves. Anyway on to the matter at hand....vacation. Yes we are back. Yes we survived. All in all it was just as I had expected. B had his share of tantrums and G went with the flow. I definately can see now why many people with young children travel with grandparents. Nantucket was beautiful and relaxing as always. We did a bike trip with the twins which was fun until a third of the way to the beach destination B bites G and then all hell broke lose. I'm sure the more we do these trips it will get easier, right?
Here are a couple of suggestions I have for anyone travelling with toddler twins:
1. Bring earplugs for dad (or yourself)
2. Be sure to specify an early check-in so when you arrive 3 hours before check-in and want to put your kids down for a nap your room will actually be ready.
3. Don't have a lot of expectations.
4. Have a good comeback ready so when B bites you on the ferry in the middle of a tantrum and some on looker laughs you can tell them off ever so polietly
5. Travel with grandparents. I can't believe I'm saying this but yeah bringing the grandparents would have made the trip more enjoyable for us. As is I now feel like I need a vacation from my vacation.